REDEEMER CHURCH MEMBER COVENANT
Having been saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior and having been baptized upon our profession of faith in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we now joyfully enter into covenant with one another at Redeemer Church.
Because the Gospel is the good news that God is redeeming people for himself and restoring his good creation through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ:
- We will submit to the teaching of Scripture and hold it up as the final authority for godly living
- We will seek to look more and more like Jesus through discipleship
- We will live out the gospel by pursuing holiness in all areas of our lives
Because the Gospel creates a new community of people who live together as the church:
- We will live out the one-another commands of Scripture by counting others more significant than ourselves
- We will seek unity within the church by being quick to pursue reconciliation, refusing to gossip, and following the leadership of our elders
- We will support Redeemer Church by praying for and serving within her ministries
Because the Gospel pulls us into the mission of God on this earth:
- We will seek to be disciples who make disciples through our witness to the world around us
- We will joyfully give of ourselves and our resources to see the Gospel shared to the ends of the earth
- We will seek the common good of our community by engaging in acts of service, mercy, and kindness
When we leave the fellowship of Redeemer Church, we will unite with another church where we can live out the Gospel in community.